Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ava Holder

I ask for your prayers for this little girl and her family. Ava is the daughter of a former co-worker of Nate's. She is just a few months younger than Mileigh but has gone through more in her short life than any one should ever have to endure. Ava has neuroblastoma, an extremely rare form of cancer. Her story is so incredible and her perseverance to fight this awful disease is so admirable. I am humbled daily by her story and her struggles. Below is her Caring Bridge webpage where you can read about Ava and her battle. I pray that sweet Ava can keep on fighting and will be able to grow up cancer free. Thank you for your prayers.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/avaholder

4 comments:

Melissa said...

This is so heartbreaking Ton. Stories like this put things into perspective and remind me to stop grumbling and complaining about silly little things in my life. Lifting them up in prayer right now.

Casey said...

WOW. About a month ago I came across Layla Grace who had the same cancer (she just went to Heaven last week). Since then I've been looking for other blogs, FB, Twitters. I found msyelf crying in the beginning, but as I told E the other night, it makes me happy to know that I can pray for them. Prayers DO WORK. and even though we have our things to pray for its nice to know that I can pray for other people who are fighting for their life.
thanks for letting me/us know about Ava. I will be praying for her and her family daily.
May God give them strength and comfort to fight this nasty thing. So so sad for them all.

Teresa said...

I will be adding her story to http://www.playingwithangels.com

Forever Playing With Angels ~ Layla Grace

Teresa

Casey said...

I just read her scans are CLEAR!!! What an amazing God we serve. I am continuing to pray for them because they aren't out of the woods yet. But WOW is all I can say. I bet they are just overjoyed right now. PRAISE OUR LORD, for HE IS Good!!!! :)