Wow, it seems like it has been a lot of firsts for our big girl these last couple months. Well, today was her first haircut. You may be saying, WHAT!?! The girl is almost three, hasn't she had a hair cut by now? But, it is only within the last 6-9 months that her hair has really grown to a point that we needed to cut it. After many tears in the morning as I try to comb the rats nest out of her hair I figured it was time. I thought for sure I would hear the typical "NO!" when I asked her if she wanted to go get her haircut, but instead it was a "YES, I want to get my haircut!". So we did it and I think, no, I know it was harder on me than it was on her. She was such a big girl, she sat in the chair, put her head down when she was asked to and eagerly accepted her lollipop at the end. Another first, another memory. Now my baby girls first lock of hair is in a plastic bag for keepsake instead of on top of her beautiful head. Yes, I am sentimental and yes I cried. My baby girl is a toddler and we will all too soon be crossing off many more firsts.

Ready,but a little nervous!

Feeling more confident!

A pro!

She asked to have it blow-dried! I love Madyn looking up at her, she wants to be just like sis!
3 comments:
Oh Ton, I'm all teary! It seems like we were just going through pregnancy together, and now they are almost 3! Mileigh is such a beautiful little girl! And I love your new blog background, I am so into sunflowers right now!!
How dearly precious! What wonderful memories. You must write it down for a scrapbook someday. :) They do grow ever so fast. My baby is now 8. When did that happen?
what a big girl!!! :) How fun and exciting for her but bitter sweet for you and Nate.
Post a Comment