Sunday, February 28, 2010

Crazy February!

It has been over a month since my last post, but it has been a BUSY month. Between Nate's birthday, moving to a new house and a week long trip to Telluride, CO. We have been running!! We moved on the week of February 7th and our first night in the new house was Saturday the 13th. The girls are so excited about their new rooms and the dogs love the new backyard. I will take some pictures and post those when I can. We are so thankful for a little bit more room, a one-story (especially for Syndey), and a great backyard. Looking forward to making many great memories in our new home.

Our trip to Telluride, CO. was wonderful!! I have never been to a more beautiful mountain. The scenery and spectacular views at the top of the mountain took my breath away (or was it the altitude at 14,000 ft?). Nate and I were each able to ski for a couple days. Thanks to my Mom for taking care of the girls for us! It had been a few years since I was on skis, but it felt great! The girls loved the gondola which we were able to ride a couple times a day. One evening we took a sleigh up the mountain to a restuarant while it was snowing, absolutely picture perfect. One big highlight of our trip was Mileigh's first time on skis!! Before we left for Telluride Mileigh was watching Lindsey Vonn on the Olympics and she leans over to Nate and said "Daddy, I want to do that, all by myself". Since she is only 2 & 1/2 we could not enroll her in ski school, but we rented skis for her on our last day and took her up to the little magic carpet for kids. She loved it! By the end of the day, she was going down the mountain (just like she said) BY HERSELF!! Nate and I were absolutely floored at her desire to get out there and ski and her matter of fact attitude about it. Go Mileigh, we are so proud of you!!!


You can't see them, but in the first picture she is on skis heading down the slope towards Nate!

Gondola rides and Mom and I on the mountain!

Madyn did not like being cold but she loved playing in the snow!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your trip looked fabulous! I can't wait to hear all about the new house and see it! Hope to see you soon!