Sunday, January 24, 2010

Look at all these veggies!!

Ok, I know you are all probably sick of me going on and on about our garden, but I am so stoked about it I am going to blog some more!! Today after church we all came out and picked our snap peas, the rest of the radishes, two heads of romaine lettuce, one carrot and a ton of spinach (puts new meaning to "garden" salad). It was so much fun (and a beautiful day I might add!). The girls were having fun touching and a little bit of tasting. They will be in heaven come summer when we have watermelons and cantelope! I know it may sound corny but this garden has made me realize that we have only scratched the surface on using the gifts we have been blessed with like our home and backyard. I have found a lot of joy in getting back to the basics a bit more in the last year. Here are a few pictures. Now it's time to go make a garden salad for steak & football night at Marens!

Mileigh helping pull the spinach, sparkle shoes and all!

This smells good Daddy and tastes even better with Italian dressing!

Hmmm...do I really want to put my play hotdog down for a REAL carrot?!?!

What are these Mama? (Yes I know, white pants were not the best choice!)

Mama and Madyn working on pulling snap peas.

My little helpers!

YUM!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This is so exciting Ton! It must be so rewarding to see the results of your hard work. Everything looks delish!

JonesGardenBlog said...

Awesome and very encouraging! I'm getting ready to try my hand at gardening for the first time setting up a spring garden. The ground is ready and I have some seedlings growing. Brandi laughs at me because I get so excited about it, but it's fun!