Monday, July 14, 2008
Can I just say...House Hunting is Hard!!
So the first (and only) house we ever bought was a new build. How lovely...you go into the show room and walk through these beautiful models and then pick one for yourself. Just like picking out a beautiful peach or nectarine from the produce aisle at a grocery store. Then you go to this fun place they call the DESIGN CENTER, and pick out all the amenities that will make your house your own. Well can I just say that picking out an existing home in this market in AZ is not a walk in the produce aisle for juicy fruit!! We have walked into so many homes that have carpet torn out, chunks taken out of the tile, who knows what growing in the backyards, and can I just say it seems like at least 3 murders have taken place in the various homes we looked at by the giant red spots on the carpet. I mean come on people...what ever happened to Pride of Ownership!! Apparently these people are so mad at the world they take it out on their poor house. They say it is fun to shop for a new house...who are "they" again, because "they" may need to re-phrase that for the current black hole of short sales and foreclosures out there. Patience is the key my friend. Phew...I really needed to get that off my chest...and so the search continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Ton!! Welcome to the world of blogging. Have fun posting about your little as its always fun to do and for others to read . Also, enjoy house hunting. Seriously, I would be in the *they* department. I've always enjoyed looking at house. But on the other hand, there are more out there that aren't so nice looking anymore that that can be a bit annoying and a waist of time.
Have a great week- and I am glad you are posting :)
Post a Comment